• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I added a new step in an existing workflow and published it. In the View workflow my new status appears but it is not available (no transition buttons and new step not visible in the Workflow button)

I added a new step in an existing workflow and published it. In the View workflow my new status appears but it is not available (no transition buttons and new step not visible in the Workflow button)

Marc Vander Jeught July 17, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2016

Hi Marc, 

In order for a status to actually be active, you have to have transitions to it and from it. Transitions are the representations of the buttons you see on the tickets later on. 

Quick fix - edit the workflow and add a transition from step X to this new step.

Since you've already published the workflow, it might not let you add outgoing transitions from the new step/status. If this will be the case just copy the workflow and add whatever you need then publish the workflow again under the relevant Workflow Scheme. 

Marc Vander Jeught July 17, 2016

Hi Peter

Thanks a lot for this quick reply.

Please note that the transitions already existed : the status was able to transition to all other statuses.

I removed the new status and recreated it. This time I added the transition through the diagram mode instead of text and it worked. I have no clue why...

Kind regards,

Marc

Suggest an answer