I Have 100 Customers - Where Do I Define Customers

OptionSystems July 29, 2012

New / Evaluating JIRA

Sometimes I raise an issue to do work for a particular customer

Ideally I would enter a customer code, customer name, address, contact details etc

Where / how do I define customers in JIRA ?

Is there a suitable Plugin for this ?

Often I raise an issue and associate that with a customer. Also be good to see all those issues I have done for that customer, etc

Any suggestions / thoughts please ?

Thanks - Grant

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2012

There's several options, but a lot of it depends on your process, data and how you want to do it.

First thing to point out though - Jira is not a CRM system, it is an issue-tracker, it's not designed or built for handling loads of customer details, so any solution is not going to match a CRM system.

Here's a few ideas:

You could define them as users, if you have plenty of licenses.

You could add a select list with your customer list in it (probably the one I'd go for)

You could create a whole project with a list of customers (1 customer = 1 issue) then link each issue to them. Add fields to that to represent things like customer ids etc.

Plugins won't help you - you can't install them on Jira OnDemand (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy ), but if you could, then you'd be looking at something like the Salesforce plugin, where you'd keep your customers in there and refer to them in Jira.

OptionSystems August 19, 2012

Hi Nic,

Done a lot of playing with your suggestions.

Thanks For Your Help

Suggest an answer