I HAVE DONE A WORKFLOW AND NOW IT REQUIRES THE DUE DATE AS POST FUNCTIONS.

Camelia September 13, 2017

I have done a workflow and now it requires the due date to change at each stage of the workflow step as post functions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example:-

From 'In Progress' it takes 5 days, from 1st September till 5th September. So the Due Date is on the 5th September.

When it enters the 'Resolved', the Due Date will be change to a new value, let's say add another 3 days which will be on the 8th September.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can it be done?

I'm using ScriptRunner and I have no knowledge on JIRA for scripting Groovy, etc.

Can you guys show me step by step on HOW and WHERE to start to write the scripts and implement it? Better if there is images for me to refer.

I have referred the ScriptRunner site, but it seems I can't and don't understand at all. I'm very new to JIRA.

I appreciate for your guys help. Thanks in advance.

Version: JIRA 5.2

Below is the workflow diagram.

getThumbnail.png

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Hi!

So I took a look at this answer, and using a script postfuntion like it explains there still works fine.

I'm a little bit worried on your stability though, because you are running a very old JIRA version that is already in EOL, and the free version of SR, which is no longer updated.

If I could recomend you anything, I'd say that you should really upgrade your infrastructure and purchase a SR license, that would be a lot more user friendly.

Please do say if you need anymore help.

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer