Hudson Application Link causes error

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Hi Community:

I have JIRA linked with Hudson instance through application link. However, each time I access to JIRA System Dashboard, a warning appears as follows:

2014-05-14 14:10:14,980 http-bio-8080-exec-225 WARN darly.senecal 850x28181x1 1kwobl jira.ip.add.ress /plugins/servlet/streams [atlassian.streams.internal.StreamsCompletionService] Registering failure for stream provider hudson due to error other

How to get rid of this annoying warning. Do I need to install the Jenkins integration plugin?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2014

Hi,

No you don't need to install the Jenkins plugin if you don't want to.

You can savely ignore this error. The Streams for Jenkins are provided by the JIRA plugin.

I'll take a look in the code to see if I can disable this in the new version of the Applinks framework. Was not able to do so previously.

Cheers,

Mark

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Mark:

You mention the following:

The Streams for Jenkins are provided by the JIRA plugin.

I want to know if it a JIRA plugin of just the application link?

Thanks

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2014

Hi,

The project to integrate Jenkins with JIRA is implemented using two plugin.

• A plugin for JIRA (Jenkins Integration for JIRA)
  • A plugin for Jenkins (JIRA Integration for Jenkins)

The later is optional but highly recommened. It provides a Change log annotator and a build notifier to notify JIRA when a build has completed.

Next to this both plugins contain Application Link specific implementations. The JIRA plugins needs this in other to synchronise build results at an hourly interval.

The plugin for Jenkins provides not only endpoints needed to improve the application and project linking capabilities, but also provided OAuth authentication allowing even easier integration between the products.

The plugin for JIRA provides the synchronisation of build results, the ci build panels and the activity streams entries.

Cheers, Mark

Documentation site: https://marvelution.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JJI/Documentation+Home

Suggest an answer