Howto customize jira project sidebar ?

Paolo Botti August 10, 2015

I would like to customize jira project sidebar, but I cant find how.

For example I have created a Kanban project, I customize it by adding Backlog issue but I'm not able to add button like Scrum template did by adding button in the sidebar.

Or for example I dont have Tempo or Capture and I want to remove that buttons.

Thank in advantage.

Best regards

Paolo

2 answers

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

but I'm not able to add button like Scrum template did by adding button in the sidebar.

Kanaban is not like Scrum where you have Epics on the side. You'll need to read up the differences between Kanban and Scrum.

Or for example I dont have Tempo or Capture and I want to remove that buttons.

If you want to remove those, go to Manage Add Ons and disable those add ons. Those come enabled by default.

Paolo Botti August 11, 2015

Hi Timothy,

thk you for reply, but I read difference between Kanban and Scrum and what I need it's a mix.

We are a small team and Kanban is better for us, but we need some "corrections".

For Example we need a Backlog list where we put ALL our Issues, then we use a To Do list where we put Issue that we want to do. So in our main Kanban page we dont want a column for Backlog (too much Issues) but a button on sidebar to move to a Backlog page would be useful (Like Scrum made).

About Tempo and Capture button it's ok, after I have switched off buttuns disappear.

Thks

Paolo

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

bq. So in our main Kanban page we dont want a column for Backlog (too much Issues) but a button on sidebar to move to a Backlog page would be useful (Like Scrum made) Yea. Thanks for explaining but that feature does not exist at the moment but it seems to be coming soon. It is being tracked here: * https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6175#comment-769488

Paolo Botti August 11, 2015

Thks Again I Watch it.

0 votes
Piotr Janik April 26, 2021

When a project has both Scrum boards and Kanban boards, you can switch between them using the Boards in this project list (the icon directly below the project avatar). The sidebar will change accordingly.

Suggest an answer