Howto customize jira project sidebar ?

I would like to customize jira project sidebar, but I cant find how.

For example I have created a Kanban project, I customize it by adding Backlog issue but I'm not able to add button like Scrum template did by adding button in the sidebar.

Or for example I dont have Tempo or Capture and I want to remove that buttons.

Thank in advantage.

Best regards

Paolo

1 answer

1 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 10, 2015

but I'm not able to add button like Scrum template did by adding button in the sidebar.

Kanaban is not like Scrum where you have Epics on the side. You'll need to read up the differences between Kanban and Scrum.

Or for example I dont have Tempo or Capture and I want to remove that buttons.

If you want to remove those, go to Manage Add Ons and disable those add ons. Those come enabled by default.

Hi Timothy,

thk you for reply, but I read difference between Kanban and Scrum and what I need it's a mix.

We are a small team and Kanban is better for us, but we need some "corrections".

For Example we need a Backlog list where we put ALL our Issues, then we use a To Do list where we put Issue that we want to do. So in our main Kanban page we dont want a column for Backlog (too much Issues) but a button on sidebar to move to a Backlog page would be useful (Like Scrum made).

About Tempo and Capture button it's ok, after I have switched off buttuns disappear.

Thks

Paolo

Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 11, 2015

bq. So in our main Kanban page we dont want a column for Backlog (too much Issues) but a button on sidebar to move to a Backlog page would be useful (Like Scrum made) Yea. Thanks for explaining but that feature does not exist at the moment but it seems to be coming soon. It is being tracked here: * https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6175#comment-769488

Thks Again I Watch it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

555 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you