Howto: Import FogBugz On-Demand to JIRA On-Demand?

dmarvasti December 17, 2011

Perhaps the answer is staring me right in the face, but I'm trying to figure out how to import FogBugz MySql to my JIRA On-Demand instance using the Importer, but I simply can't find anywhere within Import too select the sql that I uploaded to webdav. I aslo do not see a JIRA Import & Export, instead I only see JIRA Import.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2011

Hi Kian,

We don't currently have the capacity to import issues from other bug trackers directly into the OnDemand platform and this is the reason that you cannot find that import functionality. I believe that our developers are working to provide this functionality on the OnDemand platform but currently the only way to do it is to import the Fogbugz data into a locally hosted instance of JIRA and then export that data in XML format to import it into OnDemand.

I know this isn't the ideal solution but installing an evaluation of JIRA 4.4.1, [NOTE: you should not use a later version of JIRA than the one currently available on the OnDemand platform because you won't be able to import the data if it has been exported from a newer version] and then performing the import/export locally is currently the best solution for importing data from other issue trackers into the OnDemand platform.

All the best,

John

Oliver Hall May 3, 2017

Is this still the case? (nearly 6 years on)

We're currently a fogbugz account and I'd like to look at migraton to JIRA, but unless I can easily port the data (On Demand to On Demand) it's not really worth the time.

It would perhaps be sensible to remove/update all of the docs that suggest this is a simple process too - I've read a number of documents that claim it's simple, only to find it isn't supported, and suggestions that it's on a roadmap have no substance.  Makes you wonder how much else is marketing guff...

Suggest an answer