Howto Disable the feedback button (Project sidebar feedback dialog)

Daniel Koch April 12, 2015

I use JIRA 6.4.1. How is it possible to disable the "Provide feedback button" on the project view (see attached screenshot)?

Jira-Project-Sidebar.png

2 answers

4 votes
Ibrahim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2016

Another Option would be to configure your Announcement Banner and add the following:

<style type="text/css">

.jira-projects-feedback-collector {

display:none !important;

}

</style>

This will hide the button.

-Ibrahim

Daniel Koch January 21, 2016

Yes. But I would call this solution as a workaround.

It would be better to have a JIRA configuration option within the admin interface or similar location.

Ibrahim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2016

There was a suggestion raised on our public issue tracker, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-42578. It has been labeled as won't fix. Although I do not know why this happened, I thought I would offer this workaround here smile

Nicolas Desessart September 7, 2016

Thanks for this workaround.

If no announcement banner was actually definded, I'd add this in the "style" tag body :

.alertHeader {display:none !important;}

This would remove the small blank space added by the empty banner.

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2015

Hey there,

Please follow these instructions:

1. Stop JIRA;
  2. Update the database with the following (please keep in mind that it's always recommended to have a database backup before any changes on it):
    insert into pluginstate values ('com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:projects-feedback-web-panel','false');
    insert into pluginstate values ('com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:feedback-issue-collector','false');

insert into pluginstate values ('com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:enable-project-centric-navigation-user-option','false');

3. Restart JIRA.
     Users will not be able to disable the new Project layout (as the link in their user profile menu to disable it brings up a feedback form).

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Suggest an answer