Howt to set up a automation rule that resolves an "rejected" issue with solution "rejected" and closes that issue

Thomas Ender May 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Automating your service desk

Hi all,

like to set up a rule that resolves an "rejected" issue with solution "rejected" and closes that issue.

My actual automation rule looks like that:

WHEN Status changed / IF Issue Status is (set to) "rejected" THEN Transition Issue to "resolved" AND Transition Issue to "closed".

I have worksflow line that transitions from "open" -> "rejected" ->"reloved" -> "closed"

So far so good, it works ....if the issue is set to "reject" by hand it is transitioned to "resolved" and to "closed" by by automation rule.

BUT: Issues solution is not changed to "resolved" but stays "unresolved"

image2016-5-23 15:18:58.png

History tells a different story:

image2016-5-23 15:56:9.png

IMHO the reason ist that its not possible, to transition to resolved by automation, setting the solution (i.e. won't fix, resolved, relected) with it.

Q: Is it a bug? Change request? Or is there a way, to hand over the solution in a automation rule?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

I think you are almost there with your solution. You have an automation rule that will automatically transition through your workflow to the correct statuses. But the Resolved Status does not automatically set a Resolution Reason.

You need to use a post-function on the transition from Rejected->Resolved that will set the resolution reason.

You can use the Update Field post function for this.

Thomas Ender May 23, 2016

Hi Chris,

thank you so much for taking the time to understand and resolve my Question.

That's exactly what I need:

I added the Update Field function in the transition from "Open" to "Rejected (I called it "no Issue")  to set the field "Solution" to "rejected" and whoopy, thats it.

Bravo, well done!!

Suggest an answer