How would you manage one New Feature Isssue that generate many Bug Issues?

pascalbn September 8, 2014

Hi all,

I am struggling on figuring out on how I can manage the following situation. Basically, one request is sent by our key user (by creating an Issue) and then they can follow the development and availability. But then, it is possible that many test users report different bugs and then create several bug Issues. I read about the auto linking feature but this is not really convenient. It is possible that the new feature will generate only one bug issue, which then can be tracked on the original New Feature Issue, but what if there are many Bug issues?

What would be your best practices/recommendations?

Thanks for your help,

Pascal B.

2 answers

0 votes
pascalbn September 10, 2014

Hi Bhushan,

Since I am a newbie for Jira, I just discovered Test Session which is great, but then I need to figure out how I can auto link the newly created "bug" issues with the "new feature" issue. If anyone has solution, I would really appreciate your help.

Cheers.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj September 8, 2014

Hi Pascal,

I guess there are many ways to do this. But here is how I would want to handle it. New Features should be part of a release version.

When testers find bugs, they should be finding it in a particular release. I would use the Affects version and Fix versions fields to capture all the bugs found in a particular release.

Suggest an answer