• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • How would I create a "template" of issues that I can import into multiple User Stories? (For example 5 Acceptance Criteria that I want imported into 10 different User Stories.)

How would I create a "template" of issues that I can import into multiple User Stories? (For example 5 Acceptance Criteria that I want imported into 10 different User Stories.)

Sed January 10, 2017

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2017

If this is a one-off task, then one possible approach would be to use the JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) add-on, which provides actions like createIssue and createOrUpdateIssue that can create an issue. Both accept parameters that specify the issue type and, in the case of a sub-task) the parent issue. The How to create projects or sets of issues based on a template article might be helpful in this regard.

If you want to always create these “template issues” whenever a certain condition is met, you could use the Create on Transition add-on as described in this How to Automatically Create a Standard Story When Creating an Epic recipe.

Suggest an answer