How we can draft our issues.

Deleted user November 28, 2017

Hi,

Issue screen will not have auto save option while creating. user needs to press create or cancel button. And when we edit issue, changes will be auto saved.

Do we have option to draft issue?

e.g: (Like in gmail when we write a mail it will automatically be drafted, If you will not use(send) that mail for now, it will go to draft.)

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Hi Satya,

In addition to what Nic said, we do have a feature request for this in Jira: 

Please feel free to vote on this issue to help show interest, and watch it if you'd like to receive any updates about it in the future.

Kind regards,

Shannon

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

There is no "draft" function in Jira - an issue tracker is usually expected to grab mostly short and snappy data from a user and expect updates later as it goes through your processes.

Deleted user January 2, 2018

Ohk ...Thanks Nic

0 votes
john chmielowski September 15, 2020

I am new to working with Jira, but this is something that I've been thinking about requesting locally, Right now, We start everything in "Backlog", I was going to request that we have a "Draft" state that we can transition to from Backlog and that normally transitions to "Backlog" (or Deleted). That way we can start a ticket, but immediately drop it "back" into "Draft", and then add more info over time. When it has enough info we move it to "Backlog". Does that sound like it will work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events