How we can add user's property value to JIRA email notification.

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Hi All,

I want to show issue updading user's property value in JIRA notification mail. By default it showing user's full name in notification mail.

I've installed toolkit plugin and got User Property Field custom field option, which will displays the user's propery value. Please suggest with this we have any option to display the same.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012
AndreH May 13, 2013

Hi Jobin,

In Jira User Properties doesn't have a field id. It show a token and the key name whe you attempt to edit the value... is there another way to get this information? (aka field id). I really need to get this info into an email as well

1 vote
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2012

Hi Sanu,

You can try to add the custom field into the email template located in the JIRA_Install//atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email directory.

You can refer to:

Good luck.

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

Thanks for quick response.

I've issue with User Property Field custom field, with this how I can display user's property value?

I tried with this custom field but no luck. Please suggest.

Suggest an answer