How to write a query to filter linked issues from the project called Testing

kedar April 3, 2019

How to write a query to filter linked issues from the project called Testing

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2019

Hi Kedar,

If you have Jira Server 8.0 or higher, then you should be able to do this natively.  In 8.0 Jira introduced the JQL function called Issue Link Type.   For example you could use a JQL such as

project=Testing AND issueLinkType in (blocks)

This would return only issues in that project that have at least one link of that specific type.

If you're not on Jira Server 8 or higher, then it might still be possible to do this with a 3rd party plugin for Jira.  I know there are a couple of these that can help, for sure the Scriptrunner plugin has been able to do this for some time.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Andy Strickland January 21, 2021

I don't think it's what the user is asking. I believe I am searching for something similar. All conditions should be true (AND):

• project is ABC
  • issue blocks another issue
  • blocked issue is in project DEF

I'm struggling to find an answer. Looks like there is a JQL function linkedIssues() which will take the linked issue and a link type, but doesn't seem to accept a glob or range like `issue in linkedIssues(DEF-*,"blocks")`
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

Your statement is good, but it covers only 2 parts of the sought functionality, at least as I see it.

Suggest an answer