How to write a Script in CLI?

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

I am using CLI Plugin. So is this possible to write a script usin CLI?

6 answers

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

check here for example of CLI commands for attachments

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Examples

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013

Follow the Installation and Use instructions and then look at the examples related to attachments as rambanam pointed out.

0 votes
Anand Kumar Singh July 22, 2013
Hi Bob, I am getting the same problem.Please ,Can you provide some example for writing Script in CLI ?
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013
Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013

Hi Bob, I want to addAttachment in Remote machine, So how can I do that using CLI commands?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2013

Siddheshwar - the documentation tells you how to use that command in the CLI. It's the first line on https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Documentation

0 votes
Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

Ya, exactly that I need. Thanks Bob. I will try it. I will write CLI actions from programming scripts ,so I will prefer a Groovy for writing a script. Thank you once again Bob.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013
Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

hey thanks, its very useful... We can use this using commands, but there is also possible using the script's. So you know how to write script for that?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

A bit confused by what you mean by script. You can use the run action to run all the actions listed in a file for instance - this is sometimes referred to as a script. You can also run CLI actions from programming scripts like groovy or any other scripting language. Is that what you are trying to do?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

did you checked Database values plugin to get values from external db?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.deblauwe.jira.plugin.database-values-plugin

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

ya.. but I want that databaseusing CLI Script only.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2013

Yes it is.

If you need more information, you'll need to tell us more about what you are doing. You haven't really given us much to work with here.

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

ok.. I want to access anthor database in JIRA. So I want to know that how we can access this using CLI? where we can write a script? and how we implement this script in our JIRA.??

Suggest an answer