How to write JIRA query to get SUM of original esimation for story?

Ilze Tigere September 10, 2014

Hi! I would like to add Card Colors to JIRA board based on SUM of original estimation for stories. There is not possible to find "Σ Original Estimate" in query, only simple "Original Estimation", which in our case is not correct. "Σ Original Estimate" I can get only in Excel export.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2014

Ilze,

The sumUp Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.cps.sumUp) is suggested on this similar post: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/88372.

I hope it helps! smile

Ilze Tigere September 11, 2014

Thank you :) I asked to Atlassian team to install this plugin. Will test it later!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2014

That does not really make sense. 

A card is a JIRA issue.  The colour of a card should depend on something related to that card.

Your request here is to colour cards based on a pile of estimates on many cards.  Not one card.  Can you see where I'm going with this?  How do you know what colour to put on Card X, when the colour depends on cards X, Y and Z?  Even if you implemented some way to read other related cards to get these values, I can imagine scenarios where cards would need mutiple colours...

Ilze Tigere September 11, 2014

In my case we will use colors for tracking user stories: 1. estimated till 20h (green color) 2. estimated till 60 h (orange) 3. estimated 61 ++ h (red) etc. For example: Now, when I am adding query issuetype = Story and originalEstimate <=20h, I see stories in green color only where hours are added to story sub-tasks. In case, where hours (for example 10 h) are added manually into story field"Original Estimation" - they are not picked up by query and not in green color.

Suggest an answer