How to write JIRA CLI Script in Groovy?

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

I am using Groovy for writing a script. I want to use CLI script using Groovey. So how we can write script for CLI. Please give me the step to write a script in Groovy to run CLI commands. And how we execote that script in JIRA?

4 answers

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

without eaxct requiremet no one is going to help here!!

only requiremts seeing here is CLI and Groovy!!

i am not sure why you people only preferring CLI and groovy, is there any specific reason???

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2013

This is the same question as https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/192736/how-to-write-a-script-in-cli which has more information.

However, it's still very unclear what you're trying to do. You keep asking about the CLI and Groovy but don't explain any of the structure of what you're trying to do with them. It's difficult to help you when you keep talking about two separate things you thing you want to use together when you have not told us how you want to use them. I'd suggest that you forget the CLI and Groovy for now and tell us what the end goal is - then we can actually start to tell you things like "do X in the CLI and you can then do Y with Groovy" or "If you do X in Groovy, then you'll be able to use the CLI to automate Y".

0 votes
Anand Kumar Singh July 23, 2013

Hi Bob,

Actually ,we want to Import External database in the jira by using CLI Plugin.So we have to write Script for this.How can we do this ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2013

p.s. I'm not Bob.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2013

What does "import external database" mean? What are you importing from the database? Issues? Is it another bug tracker?

Why are you insisting on the CLI when Jira has importers that may well be a lot more easy?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013

I am Bob :), but I don't have a clue what you are trying to do so it is hard to recommend anything specific. The mechanics of using groovy and CLI are in this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/178123/groovy-script-question

0 votes
Anand Kumar Singh July 23, 2013

Hi Bob,

Actually ,we want to Import External database in the jira by using CLI Plugin.So we have to write Script for this.How can we do this ?

Suggest an answer