How to writ script JQL function to count the number of status?

Dong Nguyen February 23, 2014

Dear all,

I would like to search all the issues based on the number that those issues move to 1 specific status. (For ex, count the number of "re-open" time of 1 issue).

Currently, I add 1 Scritp Field and add the below script

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean
def componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
def changeHistoryManager = componentManager.getChangeHistoryManager()
def reopenedName = "Reopened"
def countOpen = 0.0
changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField (issue, "status").reverse().each {ChangeItemBean item ->
    if (item.toString == reopenedName){
        countOpen = countOpen + 1
    }
}
return countOpen as Double

It worked well but I'm wondering about the performance because this scirpt will run in each issues that we scanned.

I found that script JQL Function is another solution but when I start to write new function, I don't really understand how funciton operation? If possible, can you please support us or guide us the structure of 1 script JQL function.

Best Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

I think, if you want to reduce the performance impact you have to write the counter while it's happening, so you have to create a number custom field and increase this field while the transition happens. Maybe you could run a script to do a one time calculation after you added the new custom field and the postfunction to increase the field. Than all fields should represent the current number.

Suggest an answer