How to works Jira COre into Jira Software?

Pablo Marcos January 9, 2020

Hi,

I´d like to know how to works Jira COre into Jira Software

Regards,

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

I am not sure I understand the question, but maybe a short description of the architecture might help.

• Jira Core does the basics of Jira - people, workflow, fields, screens, and so-on, all the stuff for issue tracking.
  • Jira Software is an application that adds more functionality on top of Core.  Software projects gain Scrum and Kanban boards.  Jira Software can be downloaded as a single install, but that is actually a pack of Jira Core and Software pre-installed, so it looks like one installation.

The best way to get them to work "together" is to install Software.  Everything is then in one service.

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi @Pablo Marcos and welcome to our Community!

Could you please be more specific?

Here is some material that might help (I think):

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-Core-Vs-Jira-Software/qaq-p/820160

Suggest an answer