How to watch a sprint

Alain Beaulieu May 21, 2015

We have several concurrent sprints going on. I would like to watch (get email notifications) all the activity happening within one single sprint. That means modifications by anyone but also additions, like if ever someone adds a sub-task for instance. And easily repeat this every time a new sprint starts (one of the sprints, not all of them).

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hi Alain,

Since it isn't "supposed" to be that many changes to on-going sprints, I don't think there is an option to grab that sort of information through sprints. The closest would be Agile reports: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Using+Report+Mode

Or maybe watch epics to receive updates of them directly?

1 vote
Alain Beaulieu May 21, 2015

Thanks Benito.

I'm Scrum Master in my team and I am the one driving the mouse during planning, which automatically makes me a watcher of every single issue I create (story or sub-task). That lets me get emails whenever someone changes an issue's status, add comments, log work, etc. I want this.

The other day I was off and someone else replaced me for planning. They get all the emails, I don't get a single one. This is the scenario I'm trying to fix.

One thing I tried is going to Backlog, selecting all the issues in the sprint (there are 19 parent issues), then right-click + Bulk Change, then I chose Watch Issues, confirmed and then it said Watching 92 issues. I thought to myself I had it, because I thought it had grabbed the sub-tasks of the parent issues, which is what I want. But when I go see the list of watchers for some sub-tasks, I'm not in there. Fail.

Epics wouldn't work for us. We are 4 scrum teams working off the same backlog. I don't want to get emails for what the other teams are doing.

I'll keep trying. Thanks.

Deleted user July 31, 2018

hi Alain,

The select all issues - Bulk Change - Watch issues is a simple way and effective. 

Thanks for solution.

Suggest an answer