How to watch a sprint

We have several concurrent sprints going on. I would like to watch (get email notifications) all the activity happening within one single sprint. That means modifications by anyone but also additions, like if ever someone adds a sub-task for instance. And easily repeat this every time a new sprint starts (one of the sprints, not all of them).

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 votes

Hi Alain,

Since it isn't "supposed" to be that many changes to on-going sprints, I don't think there is an option to grab that sort of information through sprints. The closest would be Agile reports: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Using+Report+Mode

Or maybe watch epics to receive updates of them directly?

Thanks Benito.

I'm Scrum Master in my team and I am the one driving the mouse during planning, which automatically makes me a watcher of every single issue I create (story or sub-task). That lets me get emails whenever someone changes an issue's status, add comments, log work, etc. I want this.

The other day I was off and someone else replaced me for planning. They get all the emails, I don't get a single one. This is the scenario I'm trying to fix.

One thing I tried is going to Backlog, selecting all the issues in the sprint (there are 19 parent issues), then right-click + Bulk Change, then I chose Watch Issues, confirmed and then it said Watching 92 issues. I thought to myself I had it, because I thought it had grabbed the sub-tasks of the parent issues, which is what I want. But when I go see the list of watchers for some sub-tasks, I'm not in there. Fail.

Epics wouldn't work for us. We are 4 scrum teams working off the same backlog. I don't want to get emails for what the other teams are doing.

I'll keep trying. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

82 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you