How to visual distinguish a closed JIRA ticket

Nariman Riahi January 17, 2018

We leave Closed tickets editable so people can add comments to them as most of our JIRA tickets are used as reference information that engineers search and use. 

the background is that asking people to re-open add comment and re-close the tickets seemed like a lot to ask so we allowed closed tickets to be edited. 

THere are some cases where the closed ticket needs to be reopened so we can take action on it but most people think that by adding comments to them we will act on them. We do not review Closed tickets. 

I was thinking of maybe visually distinguishing closed tickets (a Black bar on top of the page or the work "closed"  written large somewhere on the page. 

Anyone else has dealt with this and has some ideas how to address it? 

thanks for your help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

If you're on server you could do this using some custom JS in the announcement banner. If the situation in which the issue should be re-opened on a comment can be defined with Jira events and JQL then you could use either Service Desk automation or the Automation add-on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codebarrel.addons.automation/cloud/overview to do it for you.

Nariman Riahi January 18, 2018

Automation add-on seems very costly for what I need it to do (we have over 500 users). I will look into Custom JS for now. Thanks for all your help. 

Suggest an answer