How to view each transition time in jira issue filter

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

Hi All,

Is there any possible way to find the each transition time of issue in JIRA filter.

I can see it in issue history, but I want that in issue filter without creating any custom fields.. Is this possible?

Also installed JIRA Suite utilities plugin, so we can see seperate tab in issue as transition and there I can see all the transition details.. So I want same thing in issue filter.. Please suggest.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

I guess this is not possible in JIRA :(

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013
It possible, create custom fields to capture which transitions and use a post function copy from field to copy the value from the updated field.
S
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

Thanks Ranjith for the comment.

Anyhow I'm not interested go for custom fields to capture these timings (as mentioned in the original question above), we have around 32 statuses in one wrokflow and each status is having minimum of 6 workflow transitions.. so it will be a big headache for me to handle these by custom fields(also will be difficult for end user to track it correclty if any negative flow happens).

Time being I'm not looking for any other solution for this as we are tracking through "transitions" tab.

Cheers,

Sanu P Soman

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2013

Or write scripted fields that returnes these values. And remember, if you need that in Issue Navigator, each one has to be a custom field which has a script associated with that (with your 32 statuses and 6 transitions that count itself is going to be huge).

Suggest an answer