How to view consolidated backlog from several projects?

Mary Droese November 3, 2014

In JIRA we have several projects set-up and while we are able to view the total backlog within a given project, we are unable to see a consolidated backlog view across all projects.  This is needed when the total backlog needs prioritization.  Right now we have to do this manually by copying and pasting the stories into a Word doc to prioritize.  Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2014

Define a filter that includes all of the projects you want to consolidate, and they you can work with that.

If you're using Agile, you can use that filter to drive the boards

Mary Droese November 4, 2014

In doing this will I be able to move issues up and down to change the priority or is that task only capable within the backlog view for each project? I think the answer is no, but hoping I'm wrong. Thanks again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2014

No, the "backlog view" is for a *board*, not a project. A board can include many projects, so you can drag between all the projects your board covers.

Mary Droese November 4, 2014

Hi Nic, Yes I was able to create a filter to include all the projects is there a simple way to exclude certain things? e.g. in the status field I don't want to include items that are closed. I read through the query help but am unable to figure out how to enter the "not" command in the string. Is that something you can give me some guidance on? Thanks for your help! Mary

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2014

Yes, adding clauses to the filter is the way to do it. For status, just add "status not in (x, y, z)" to the query. (I've assumed you want to exclude many status)

Suggest an answer