How to view cards for Components in a project?

Deleted user July 12, 2016

Nic, I use Components to separate multiple teams in a project. Now I should be able to select a component in a drop down in my boards and select the cards related to the components similar to I can select the cards for a particular active Sprint. Is it possible to do so and how to do it?

4 answers

1 vote
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

You could set up quick filters for each component.

0 votes

The Cards plug in helps to filter the cards by Component, however it has other limitations that is not very useful. 1. It displays all the Statuses and no way to customize to show only the Statuses relevant to the issue type. 2. No Column re ordering and the default ordering is based on how it is defined in the workflow. (May be, we need to use Property key in workflow to set the order, got to try it out). I also have a few good ideas for the Product Development after reviewing it.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

Other than building an add-on to provide that functionality, I am not aware of anything in JIRA that would allow you to configure it.

0 votes

Hi Chris, Thanks. Quick filters can help to set up Swim Lanes or the buttons to click on. But I prefer to have a drop down next to the title 'Kanban Board' and when the user select a component, the cards related to the component should show up. It should be similar to Sprint drop down. Since the Components are dynamic per release, we cannot set up a new quick filter every time if there is a change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events