How to view all the labels in a JIRA project

sumod pawgi October 10, 2014

I want to view all the labels I have created for a JIRA project. How can I view them? Some answers mention that I can see them in projects view. But my projects view does not show labels option on the left hand side.

Any other options?

4 answers

3 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2015

According to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/253966,

Atlassian have removed the labels project panel from Jira 6.2

1 vote
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

Hi,

You should indeed be able to see all the labels in your project in your Project Overview on the left. The system add-on responsible for that is the Project Panels Plugin, which has a module Labels Panel. Maybe this module is disabled? BTW: assuming you have a current version of JIRA.

Another way to go is to use the Labels Gadget.

Regards,

Geert

0 votes
Maksim_Feshchanka January 28, 2021

For Jira Cloud, could be used the "Labels Gadget" on a Dashboard.

It'll list all the labels in the particular project, and you could easily identify all the tickets and update the labels (merge/change/etc.) thru the Bulk change aption.

2021-01-28 19_17_13-Window.png

0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2020

Hi Sumod,

Jira does not have this feature by default. However, you can use our add-on:

Label Manager for Jira Cloud

You can view all labels in single place. It also has other label management features like searching, filtering, renaming and deleting.

Give it a try and let us know if you face any issue.

Suggest an answer