How to verify if Greenhopper is used in our JIRA installation ?

Armando Ortega November 13, 2012

Hi,

We need to verify if GreenHopper is used/needed in our existing JIRA hosted system. We plan to migrate to ONDemand and the price increase if we add GreenHopper.

I identified GreenHopper as a plugin inour installation, howver I am unable to confirm if our JIRA installation actually uses GreenHopper for any functionality.

Could you please let me know how can I confirm that GreenHopper is not needed in our existing JIRA isntallation ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Armando

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philip Haynes November 13, 2012

Armando,

If you go to Administration->Plugins->GreenHopper->Enabled projects you will see a list of projects using GreenHopper.

We use Greenhopper all the time and it is worth the price increase.

Cheers,

Philip

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

Glad to hear you use GreenHopper all the time :)

Armando, please be careful using this approach because users can create new boards that use any projects in the system (not just the enabled projects). The enabled projects configuration applies only to the Classic Boards.

Thanks,
Shaun

Thanks for your reply Philip, I already had a look to Administration->Plugins->GreenHopper, however in our case there are no Projects listed. ( I only see the 21 GreenHopper modules).

In addition, when I go to Global Settings (Left hand side of the Administration screen) and click on GreenHopper, I can see that there is no Licence type nor SEN for GreenHopper.

The above could be used to confirm that we are not using GreenHopper in our installation.

What do you think Phillip?

Thanks for your comment Shaun, I just added a new comment and I wonder if you agree with it ?

Cheers,

Armando.

0 votes
Michael Tokar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2012

You could also examine access logs of the server to determine if common GreenHopper URLs are being frequently accessed? e.g. look for URLs like:

• /secure/RapidBoard.jspa
  • /secure/GreenHopper.jspa

etc.

0 votes
Philip Haynes November 13, 2012

Armando,

Noting Shaun's correction - my next step would be to simply disable (but not un-install) the plugin in the current instance and see if anyone screams. You could, of course, send out messages to your fellow JIRA users as to you doing this.

Philip

Suggest an answer