How to validate checkbox options in transition screen, which are selected in create screen

Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

Hi

I need your help in this tricky use case :

On create screen user have option to select multi select check boxes:

Which options required? [ ] option1, [ ] options 2 [ ] option 3 [ ] option 4

On Transition screen, i need to check, if any of above options selected, and they are approved.

Were options approved? [ ] option1, [ ] option 2, [ ] option 3, [ ] option 4

If user selects option 1 and option 3 on create screen, on transition screen i need to force user to select same options telling that they got approvals, other wise error show message saying that option1 and 3 need to be approved.

These two are "Which options required?" , "Were options approved?" custom fields check boxes.

Suggest me if check box or multi select option or any other custom field is good here.

JIRA v6.3.12 

thanks much for your help. Raj

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

You will have to add a "Validator" in your transition or write a script of your own and call it in the Validator step.  The script should be able to get the value of the custom fields make comparisons and such, you get the idea. The JIRA Misc Workflow plugin may work for this. Check it out.

Raju Adluru August 24, 2015

Gabrielle, Thanks for your reply.

Suggest an answer