How to validate Log Work on Click of Log Button

Sivarama Krishna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2016

Hi,

I would like to validate the field Time Spent when I click on Log button click event in Log Work screen.

Using JIRA 6.2.3

--- Added on 22nd April

would like to validate the Time Spent duration.

Ex. 1. Log Work Time Spent per day should not go beyond 24hrs

2. User should not log Time Spent for Future days.

These are the things most common mistakes done by Engineers while filling Work Log.

I would like to control by using Validate Add-on(s).

4 answers

0 votes
chen_xia July 2, 2020

@Sivarama Krishna 

did you find a solution?

i am also face the some problem

can you kindly share your solution?

thanks!

0 votes
redcabin April 22, 2016

override the com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateWorklog

chen_xia July 2, 2020

@redcabin 

can you kindly give a short explanation how to override com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateWorklog

in a jira plugin?

thanks!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2016

Could you list what add-ons you would like to use to accomplish this? For instance if you are already a heavy user of Misc Custom Fields or Groovy Script Runner, you could say so and approach that team.

0 votes
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2016

Add 'Time Tracking' field to your screens and add a 'Field Rquired' validator in the workflow transition for 'timespent' field.

The validator is available via the JIRA Suite utilities plugin!

Sivarama Krishna
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2016

Hi Aleks,

The option you provided will check only whether Time Spent is filled or not.

I would like to validate the Time Spent duration.

Ex. 1. Log Work Time Spent per day should not go beyond 24hrs

2. User should not log Time Spent for Future days.

These are the things most common mistakes done by Engineers while filling Work Log.

I would like to control by using Validate Add-on(s).

Thanks and Regards,

Sivaram.

Suggest an answer