How to validate Log Work Dates

John Davies March 23, 2015

Hi all had no luck with JIRA support team on this, am hoping one of you out there may have a better idea how to accomplish this? To avoid inaccurate work logs, we want to enforce a rule to "only allow people to log work for today". Basically, I need some way to check that the work log being entered matches today's date. Or alternatively, hide the date box altogether and set it to default to current date and time. 

We only want to allow people to log their work on the day it is done as it is done to keep the logs accurate. I am sure there are plenty of ways to accomplish this and any suggestions we would be really appreciate it! 

Hope someone out there can help. Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Murat BALKAS May 3, 2015

Hi all, I also need to force same day registration or maximum one day before? 

Is there any way to do it ?

Regards,

Murat

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2015

Hi,

So you need to have worklogs accurate. One way to do that would be to force same day registration. Another way is to install a tool that will help people logging work and even a process in place like weekly timesheet approvals. There are many such tools in the marketplace. I don't think there is any solution available that does what you want but I am sure the other alternative solutions will work for you.

Cheers,
Vidar 

John Davies March 24, 2015

Hi Vidar, Thanks for your reply. How can I force same day registration? That sounds like it would be exactly what we are after. I would be happy even if I could disable the select date/time box somehow - eg. time is logged for the exact date/time when the user is logging it. That would achieve what we need also.

Suggest an answer