How to use user select field in my forms?

Yanduganov Andrey August 10, 2017

Hi!

I need to select users and groups in form in my plugin. I can use user picker and get username from it (or groupname for group) but how to use autocomplete? I have tried some ways but nothing works.

I need help.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

How are you drawing the fields into your add-on, and what type of add-on is it?

Yanduganov Andrey August 10, 2017

I'm not drawing fields. I just added input into velocity template. Then I added link like this:

"<jira>/plugins/secure/popups/UserPickerBrowser.jspa"

what type of add-on is it?

What do you mean?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

The type of plugin was to ask whether it's a Server or Connect add-on, as they're structured very differently.

As you're working with velocity, that strongly suggests it's an add-on for Server.

Your attempt to include the field like that is simply not going to work.  A jspa page is a generated page that is built on-the-fly within a specific context.  You are demanding a rendering of it with no context sit, so there's no way it's going to work.

Your vm needs to implement the code in the field in context in order to do this.

Yanduganov Andrey August 13, 2017

So, there is only one solution: to inmlement my own autocomplete? And is it really there is no way to use built-in custom field?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

I suspect you might be able to parse the .vm file for the User Picker as it's built into JIRA, but you'll have to do it with the right context set, providing all the variables it needs in it.

Might be easier to use it as a base for your own coding.

Yanduganov Andrey August 14, 2017

Thank you. However it is not solution that I wanted...

Suggest an answer