How to use simple scripted validator to check the Fix Version field

I have looked and tried several different way of trying to solve my problem with the Simple scripted validator but have been unsuccessful.  What I want to do is verify that the Fix Version field is not set to the value of "Future Release".  However I can't seem to make it work.  I have tried each of the following conditions in the Script Workflow transistion:

issue.fixVersions != 'Future Release'
issue.fixVersion != 'Future Release'
issue.fixVersion?.name != 'Future Release'
issue.fixVersions?.name != 'Future Release'

When I am done editing the transition I then publish the workflow and test an issue to see if it will transition on or if I get the error message.  It will always make the transition regardless of what I have in the Fix Version field.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

@Matt Moody:

! ('Future Release' in issue.fixVersions*.name)

because issue.fixVersions is a Collection.

@venkat - same solution.

That took care of it. Thanks.

I am also facing the same issue. We want to put a "simple scripted validator" for fix version field as part of a workflow transition.

Scenario:- fix version != Backlog

Assume fix version for a issue is Release1, when trying to fetch the value using $issue.fixVersions, it's always returning the value in [], in our case [Release1] is the value returned. (can use 'send a custom email' built in script to verify this )

I tried all the below combinations for 'Simple scripted validator' with no success

issue.fixVersions != 'Release1'

issue.fixVersions.name != 'Release1'

issue.fixVersions != '[Release1]'

issue.fixVersions.name != '[Release1]'

your missing the *

issue.fixVersions*.name !=   'Release1'

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] , can help us on this.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks Jamie for the prompt response. It worked.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

77 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you