How to use "resolutiondate" to simulate SLA

Terrance Bennett May 20, 2021

I'm hoping to get a filter that shows any ticket that took more that 1d or 24hr to complete.project = SecOps AND Type = SecAccess_Request AND created > startOfDay(-1)  AND resolutiondate <= endOfDay()

Not sure if this is working, thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

I think you want to use minus one on the endofday to. That basically will give you from midnight to midnight for previous day. 

project = SecOps AND Type = SecAccess_Request AND created > startOfDay(-1)  AND resolutiondate <= endOfDay(-1)

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Hi @Terrance Bennett 

Adding to what Jack suggests, this JQL approach will work for a specific day.  If you want something more generic to satisfy that criteria for all possible days, you could:

• purchase a marketplace addon to enhance JQL 
  • purchase a marketplace addon gadget for dashboards to enable this reporting
  • use a custom field and an automation rule to calculate the date/time difference, and then report on that field

Best regards,

Bill

Like Terrance Bennett likes this
Terrance Bennett May 20, 2021

@Jack Brickey Awesome, I just need to show that result daily, thanks.

@Bill Sheboy I'll look into the marketplace addon. Your last suggestion. I would like to learn more about custom field use. Thanks

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

Terrance, as you are using server please talk to your site admin about custom field usage; there are costs/benefits to those and so some admins are reluctant to add them to the instance.

__Bill

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

@Terrance Bennett 

To extend the answer given by @Jack Brickey  you might want to apply different rules around the weekend so you could use this or something similar. 

project = SecOps AND Type = SecAccess_Request AND created > startOfDay(-1)  AND resolutiondate <= endOfDay(-1) AND created > startOfWeek()

OR

project = SecOps AND Type = SecAccess_Request AND created > startOfDay(-3)  AND resolutiondate <= endOfDay(-3) AND created < startOfWeek()

This method will report any issue created in the previous workday BUT NOT resolved in that same day. Whilst this may be what is needed ie to know the issues that are carried over to the next day it is not quite the same as knowing which tickets took more than 24h to complete. To do full date comparison you will need to look at one of the Apps that provides that functionality. 

Terrance Bennett May 24, 2021

Hi Phill, I started looking at that last week and now confirmation of its possibilities; thanks.

Suggest an answer