How to use preformated test styles

MI May 28, 2020

Hello,

we would like to edit code snippets for cases in jira issue view, such as.

given pandemic is corona
when panemic is over
then everybody will be relieved

--> within new version of issue detail view this is a nuisance to keep together text. the row distance is too far so for text as this, the lines appear too far appart.

Additionally, I would like to add some keywords, which would appear always in highlights. Compare it with styles, which I have in Notepad++.

I thought, I could gain this in using code snippets and select a language, such as SQL. But this has no impact whatsoever. I don't understand, why I can select a language, when it does not have any impact in formats.

Anybody a clue, what we could do? We run a volunteer corona project, so we rather spend not too much money. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2020

Hello @MI ,

The Code Block will give syntax highliting and formatting based on the selected language, but natively it does not contain syntax highliting for acceptance tests using  Given-When-Then formulas.

If you want this syntax you will need to look into add-on apps that add this in.

I did a bit of digging on this one for you and I believe that "Xray Test Management for Jira" can add this in for you using the "Inline Edit for Jira App" detailed in the apps documentation pages here:

I'd recomend checking the app out on a trial to see if it fits your needs.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events