Hi every one,
How to use pop mail server for receiving email from gmail id.Actullay I have given our pop mail server id and created services also. please give your ideas
Um. That makes me worry - it sounds like you don't know what a POP mail server is.
To connect Jira to one, so it reads the mail from a POP mail server, see the documentation I've referred you to - it's broadly valid for all versions of Jira from around 3.4 onwards from memory.
I'm sorry if I seem terse, but you don't seem to be grasping what I'm saying. I may well be misunderstanding you as well, for which I apologise.
Let me break it down into simple questions
I know there's a lot of related stuff, but can we get plain answers to those simple questions to start with?
The link I've given you states how to connect Jira to Gmail. I'm not going to copy and paste that here to provide you with the "STEPS" you want, so please re-read it and then tell us what part of it you are not understanding
---As per that link there is no details about pop mail server
What are you doing differently from what it says in the documentation?
---I have conf smtp mail server
What are you actually trying to do at a high level? For example
--Send mail from Jira (i.e. notifications)--Already am getting mail from jira 4.2
Can you confirm that we are only talking about the initial setup for now - that is, connecting Jira to email?
---emails has to receiving by jira from pop mail server.for this i need steps,already i have setup pop server and created service
1) What? Not even the section that says "Configuring Gmail for incoming mail (POP)"?
2/3) Your answers here have answered question 2 - you've got outgoing mail working.
4) I'm sorry, I'm still lost. Do you mean you are trying to get Jira to read a POP server and do something with what it finds? Again, could you explain what the end goal is? What are you trying to do with this POP mail server? I assume you've got the POP mailbox working and you can read it with a client, but what are you doing with Jira?
> pop server has to read that mails send to another jira-2 and issue should create and update at jira-2
Right, well that's helped me understand, although it still seems you have a fundamental misunderstanding as to what a POP server is. It really would have helped if you'd explained what you're trying to do from the beginning instead of ignoring the question.
Anyway. A POP server does NOT "send to another". POP is for incoming mail only. You can not send mail out of a POP server, it goes out via the SMTP server. You've kept saying that you want to send mail from or by POP which is very confusing.
For the scenario of linking two Jira systems together via email, you need to set up:
If you want bi-directional email, then you also need
Thanks for all the thoughts.
As per JIRA, POP is used to receive emails.
My questions is, when an email is received, can you answer me the following?
1) Where is the email stored?
2) Based upon the email will JIRA has the ability to do the following
a) updates the issue details i.e will it makes it to closed, work-in progress, re-open
sorry for the confusion.
Yup, we're getting there...
1) The mail is not stored, it's processed and discarded
2) Actually, that's another question, which you've asked over in at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/60363/integrating-jira-4-2-1-and-jira-4-3-3 - it's probably worth continuing in that thread, as the title and history are more relevant (this thread is more about the technical setup of incoming and outgoing mail, not what we do with it)
In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to have–in order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs