How to use JQL to list all issues in next release, or the one ofter that, and so on? (e.g. earliestUnreleasedVerions+N)

Ian D February 6, 2012

In JQL I can retrieve all issues in the next release by using earliestUnreleasedVersion("project name"). But how can I retrieve all issues for the NEXT scheduled release after that? And the one after that, and so on? (i.e. earliestUnreleaseVersion("project name")+N or similar. This would enable me to avoid "hard-coding" fixVersions in my JQL's.

6 answers

2 votes
Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2018

Hi Ian!

I know that this is a very old thread, but since I've answered a similar question I just thought that would be nice to share this with you!

Please, take a look at the following community thread:

Hope this be of any help!

Best Regards.

0 votes
ilozen November 24, 2020

I got to find the next unreleased version (but not current). So if you have versions 1..5 released, currently you're working on 6 and want to find version 7 use this:

fixVersion > latestReleasedVersion() AND fixVersion != earliestUnreleasedVersion()
Arthur Garcia January 6, 2021

Did not work... still shows all future releases!

0 votes
Vio Stan October 27, 2020

fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()

0 votes
Ryan Anderson August 4, 2017

Hey Ian,  

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm looking to just get the next unreleased version and the one after that if possible. Thanks for your help. 

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

It isn't tough, it is just that someone will have to write the code to do it. JIRA out of the box and none of the existing pugins doesn't seem to do this. Have a look at the JQL Function module.

0 votes
Ian D February 9, 2012

Tough one huh?

Suggest an answer