How to use JQL 'in' operator with a custom field?

Jarrett LaBarge April 21, 2017

Hi All,

I'm attempting to create what seems to be a simple filter to get a list of issues belonging to a set of teams.  My JQL is something like this:

"type = Defect AND status in (Assigned, Submitted) AND "Accountable Teams" in ("Team A","Team B")"

Accountable Teams is an enumerated field that we specified and 'Team A' and 'Team B' are valid values.  If I search for just one (for example, "Accountable Teams" in ("Team A")), it works just fine, but when I add the second value to get issues belonging to Team A or Team B, I get the following error:

"Jql - Input arguments do not represent any valid sequence of option values"

Could this point to an issue with how the field and its values are setup?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2017

What is the custom field type and searcher for the "Accountable Teams" field? It might be that the searcher doesn't allow the "in" operator for this field.

Jarrett LaBarge January 19, 2018

There was an issue with the field that it was not allowed.  This has been fixed.  Thanks!

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2020

The documentation for the IN operator doesn't even say that there is any possibility for its use with a custom field.

Suggest an answer