How to use JIRA Velocity's implicit object of $request

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

1. The lines below are described in the Controller class.

HttpServletRequest request = ServletActionContext.getRequest();

request.setAttribute("persons", persons);

2. The line below is described in the corresponding vm file.

But it does not work.

$request.getAttribute('persons')

How should I use the $request ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

Hi Akira,

you are using webwork module.? or Servlet module?

regards,

tousif shaikh.

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

I am using webwork module.

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2013

webwork does not return Objects as we return the string based on the string params we are transfering request to the velocity. now from .class your trying to set and getattribute for object.

i can suggest you if its possible you can try servlet module.

or you can put the required data to the session object using setSession() you can use the required object values all over context in velocity and then clear the session this way you could achive.

please try and let me know.

0 votes
Gang Li May 23, 2013

Actully, the implicit object for request is $req but not $request, you can try $req.getAttribute("attribute").

Suggest an answer