How to upgrade Jira from 7.11.2 to 8.15

Nurudeen Alabi February 26, 2021

Dear Team,

Good day to you all.

I want to upgrade Jira Software 7.11.2 to version 8.15.0 but I am unable to proceed.

The interface in test environment is different from production environment.

I could not see (Plan your upgrade).

I solicit for support.

Best regards

2 answers

0 votes
Nurudeen Alabi March 2, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , Thank you for your prompt response.

What do I need to do? How can I proceed on the production for upgrade?

I have done compatibility test ready.

Regards,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

Run through https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html - the "plan your upgrade" is not essential to performing it, it's a helper.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2021

"unable to proceed" tells us nothing about where you are stuck.

All we can do with no information is suggest that you work through https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html

Nurudeen Alabi February 28, 2021

Hello Nic,

Thank you for feedback.

I could not see (Plan your upgrade) on the Jira production environment. So therefore, I could not proceed to the next step.

Best regards,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2021

Where are you seeing "plan your upgrade" as blocked?  And why?  What is it telling you the problem is?

Nurudeen Alabi March 1, 2021

This is my production environment. I expect to see plan your upgrade under application below versions and licenses.

Regards,

Jira Application Interface.png

Here is the test environment.  The production environment interface is different from test environment. 

Kindly assist.

Regards,

Here is the test environment.  The production environment interface is different from test environment. 

Kindly assist.

RegardsJira Application test Interface.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

They look different because you have not got a licence for Jira Service Desk in Test.  When it is unlicenced, it doesn't display the links to the functions in it (because they won't work)

Suggest an answer