How to upgrade Jira 6.1 to Jira Software

AFRINIC Engineers November 3, 2016

Dear Support,

We currently use JIRA v6.1.3 with Agile add-ons and want to upgrade to a newer version. Test of the JIRA Core upgrade showed us that Agile functionality are available on JIRA Software platform.

Is there an available "how-to" or documentation that can be use to upgrade from JIRA Core 6.1 to JIRA Software 7.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2016

I recently did 6.2.1 to 7.1.9 and this worked well for me:

6.2.1 -> 6.3.5

6.3.5 -> 6.4.14

6.4.14 -> 7.1.9

In your case, this should work:

6.1.3 -> 6.3.5

6.3.5 -> 6.4.14

6.4.14 -> 7.2.2

Hints and takeaways i did:

• dont reindex between the first upgrades, the indexes is mainly for search indexes and will be overwritten, ignore gui error that can't show issues. In all this saved me 3 hours and i was able to make all 3 upgrades in 1.5 hours.
  • cacerts/server.xml/web.xml will be overwritten, make sure they are easy to restore. cacerts can be restored, i would diff the others to make sure that you follow the possibly changes structures but retain port setups and other customizations.
  • upgrade UPM as soon as JIRA starts up after each upgrade, continue to upgrade all plugins.
  • Use the plugin version checker to make sure that all plugins are compatible in destination version. Disable plugins that are not until you can safely re-enable them.

Suggest an answer