How to upgrade JIRA cloud instance from v1000.1045.3 to v 7.3.6

Vishal Kumar June 14, 2017

We have JIRA cloud instance in our organization which has an older version which is v1000.1045.3. due to this we are not able to find many plug-ins because they don't support older version of JIRA. Now we want to get our JIRA instance upgraded to the newest version. regarding this I raised a request to atlassian support also, but till now did not get any reply.

Can anybody please help me to upgrade my JIRA instance to version 7.3.6

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

That's not an upgrade, it's a move.  Cloud is generally ahead of Server versions, and sadly, the two systems are diverging too, so it's becoming a lot harder to say "Cloud version X is equivalent to Server version Y"

The documentation for this migration is at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-server-applications-802592270.html

The basics of the process though:

1. Install an empty JIRA (always use the latest version available for download)

2. Make sure it works ok (just check you can log in and create a test project)

3. Go to your Cloud install and create a backup, downloading it when it's complete

4. Import the backup into the JIRA you installed.

Thanks for the response. actually we dont want to move from cloud version to server version. we just want to move to the newest cloud version. Is it possible? If so, please attach the link for the steps to do it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

No.

Cloud is automatically the latest version, you don't have to do anything.

we checked our JIRA version and found it to be v1000.1045.3. I am attaching an screenshot also to be confirmed that I am checking the version at correct tab. It does not look like a latest version. what is the latest JIRA cloud version?  If v1000.1045.3 is not the latest one , how to get it moved to a latest version.

please check the attached image for the version details:

JiraVersion.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2017

Cloud is automatically the latest version.  You do not upgrade it.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/atlassian-cloud-update-policy-269193828.html

Suggest an answer