How to upgrade JIRA Enterprise Edition, Version: 3.12.3-#354 server to latest?

Jay Stubblefield January 16, 2018

We currently have an old version of JIRA Enterprise Edition, Version: 3.12.3-#354 running on a local server. I have been tasked with upgrading to the latest version as the old version doesn't do everything we need for a new project. I also need to buy more seats. I don't know where to start. Can someone point me to the steps of how to do this?

1 answer

1 vote
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

hi there,

upgrading from a really old version requires multiple steps, this might get you stared: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/skipping-major-versions-when-upgrading-jira-applications-802592265.html

I hope it helps somewhat.

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Hi @Jay Stubblefield,

let me know if you need more info or have some questions, I'm happy to help.

Alternatively, should you find my answer useful, would mind accepting it? It would help me get the high-score. :)

Suggest an answer