How to update the Custom field value(select option) in post-function?

zhang san July 27, 2015
  1.  Create a custom field "abc" and its selection options are "aa","bb"
  2. In the post-function, I added the Custom script post-function. How to achieve the custom field "abc" equal to "aa" or "bb" and update it on the issue in groovy script?
  3. If I run the following code in JIRA, I got the following error: java.util.String cannot be cast to com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.Option.  What should I do to achieve this feature? thanks a lot.

log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.AutoCloseChildIssues");
def ComponentManager compoentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance();
def CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = compoentManager.getCustomFieldManager();
def CustomField deliverCycleField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("customeTime");
def deliverCycleValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(deliverCycleField);
def CustomField deliverCycleCountField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("abc");

if (deliverCycleValue <= 16) {
issue.setCustomFieldValue(deliverCycleCountField, "aa");

} else {
issue.setCustomFieldValue(deliverCycleCountField, "bb");
log.error("-------------------------------------------5" + "deliverCycleValue=" + deliverCycleValue);
}
def FieldLayoutItem fieldLayoutItem = compoentManager.getFieldLayoutManager().getFieldLayout(issue).getFieldLayoutItem(deliverCycleCountField);
DefaultIssueChangeHolder defaultIssueChangeHolder = new DefaultIssueChangeHolder();
def modifiedFields = issue.getModifiedFields();
final ModifiedValue modifiedValue = (ModifiedValue) modifiedFields.get(deliverCycleCountField.getId());
deliverCycleCountField.updateValue(fieldLayoutItem, issue, modifiedValue, defaultIssueChangeHolder);

1 answer

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015
issue.getCustomFieldValue(deliverCycleField) method will return Option object so you need use condition something like, verfy this api before using 
if (deliverCycleValue <= deliverCycleValue .name)

You need to pass Option object to the following method instead of 'aa'

issue.setCustomFieldValue(deliverCycleCountField, "aa");

check the following post to know how to get the option object

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18840

Suggest an answer