How to update system plugin in jira

Timothy Harris November 14, 2014

Seems we are hit by this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40079

We are running JIRA version: 6.3.6

How do I udpate the navLinks plugin to 3.3.12?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2014

Upgrade to 6.3.7 is the official answer, but if you have a look in the comments, you'll see a link to a new .jar you can download.  

Download it, then use the plugin manager to "upload plugin".  I would keep a copy of the .jar from your current installation just in case, but I'm always cautious.

Timothy Harris November 16, 2014

Thank you. I updated the Nav-Links plugin to 3.3.12. It seesm to have solved the problem. However, It now shows up in the user add-ons instead of system add-ons. Should I be worried about this or is it just cosmetic?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2014

No and yes. You do not need to worry about it appearing in the "wrong" list on your current installation. Technically, it is a user-installed plugin because you did it by hand, but the difference between system and user plugins is not much more than "it came in the installation off-the-shelf" However, before you upgrade, you must remember to remove it, or it may interfere with the (fixed) new version in the new installation.

Suggest an answer