How to update resolution date field with the correct dates?

Marcele Guimaraes November 13, 2014

I need to update 619 tickets with the correct dates in the resolved column field (resolution date) for my project. Is there any way for me to track those dates and update those fields? If not, how can I get direct assistance from Atlassian to fix this issue. This is a high priority for us to have that fix it asap. We use Create v's Resolved reports for Board meetings, and that has been broken because of the empty resolution date field. 

2 answers

0 votes
George Mihailoff July 15, 2020

For others who stumbled at this, try our free addon (Quantifythat has a special "resolution checker" tool. Because we deal with things like Kanban metrics we have the data to fix this.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Hi Marcele,

Since you are using JIRA Cloud, you will have to contact Atlassian Support by creating an issue at support.atlassian.com

The other option, is to create a backup of your OnDemand instance, restore on a Server instance, update the jiraissue.resolutiondate field in the database for the issues that area affected, and restore the updated instance to Cloud.

Marcele Guimaraes November 13, 2014

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the Atlassian OnDemand, and I could only find how to track bugs, but not how to create an issue at support.atlassian.com. Do you have the direct link to that?

And for the second solution option, how long would take to process all the steps you described from Server back to the Cloud?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

support.atlassian.com is the direct link for Support. Contact support before you think about the second option

Suggest an answer