How to update custom fields in closed issue "Update closed Issue" through Rest API

purushotham m July 19, 2017

Hi,

We have "Update closed issue" option in our workflow which can be used to update fields of closed issues. Now I want to know how can I use similor option through Rest API.

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2017

Hi

I don't understand your question. If you're able, in Jira, to update fields of Closed issues, then you would be able to update those same fields via the API. (Almost) anything that can be done through the Jira interface can be done through the API.

So ... are you asking how to use the REST API or have i misunderstood the question?

purushotham m July 20, 2017

Hi Thansk for response,
I am able to update not closed issue from C# RestClient using below API
How to edit customfields in closed Jira issue using Rest API? -
http://jira.xxxxxxx.net/rest/api/2/issue/jira-XXXX
and object value
{ ""fields"" : { ""customfield_11111"": [ ""sample_test"", ""test"", ""test-keys"", ""text_input"",], ""customfield_2222"": ""This is customfield_2222""}}
But I dont know which API to use to "Update Closed Issue"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2017

It's the same API and the same call.

My guess is that your call is failing because the "do not allow edit" flag is set on the issue you are trying to update.

Try editing it in the UI to check that.

Suggest an answer