How to update custom field description in screen view?

Matti Popesku March 15, 2015

Hello everybody

I've changed the values of a check-box custom field and edited the description but the new description is not rendered in the issues related screens.

I tried to follow this instruction but didn't work: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47433

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Matti

PS: We using JIRA 6.1.7?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

>This is how the description looks like at Custom Fields

This image is from Custom field but not from the field configuration!

You need to change it at the Field Configuration used for these two issue types. Type 'gg' + field configuration > choose the used field configuration and edit the field there and change the description.

0 votes
Matti Popesku March 16, 2015

Now, I get it! I have to change the description of the custom field in the field configuration. I thought I have to change the description of the field configuration. :) Thank you for the hint! Now it works for me, too.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

So you have issue types where it worked? Then the question is do these two issue types have different field configurations?

0 votes
Matti Popesku March 16, 2015

The new description does not appear on the screens for two issue types (e.g. epic and new feature). I changed description of the field configuration, the field configuration scheme, and the screen scheme. I also changed the field config scheme temporary but didn't help either.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2015

It works for me, so where does the new description not appear?

Suggest an answer