How to update custom field description in screen view?

Hello everybody

I've changed the values of a check-box custom field and edited the description but the new description is not rendered in the issues related screens.

I tried to follow this instruction but didn't work: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47433

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Matti

PS: We using JIRA 6.1.7?

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

>This is how the description looks like at Custom Fields

This image is from Custom field but not from the field configuration!

You need to change it at the Field Configuration used for these two issue types. Type 'gg' + field configuration > choose the used field configuration and edit the field there and change the description.

It works for me, so where does the new description not appear?

The new description does not appear on the screens for two issue types (e.g. epic and new feature). I changed description of the field configuration, the field configuration scheme, and the screen scheme. I also changed the field config scheme temporary but didn't help either.

So you have issue types where it worked? Then the question is do these two issue types have different field configurations?

Now, I get it! I have to change the description of the custom field in the field configuration. I thought I have to change the description of the field configuration. :) Thank you for the hint! Now it works for me, too.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

576 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you