How to update (clear) "Release Version History"?

Lane McLaughlin September 13, 2012

I need to fix the Release Version History on a set of issues. I believe a colleague may have done something funny when he released a previous version that still had open issues - he may not have correctly had them moved to the next version as these issues are showing up in the following query when they technically haven't been released.

project = RIS - Client Facing and Release Version History is not EMPTY and fixVersion not in (CF2012-Q1, CF2012-Q2, CFJUL12, CFAUG12)

I believe they may have been inadvertently released with version CFAUG12 and then manually edited to change version to CFSEP12 and are still open issues. I cannot Bulk Edit the Release Version History - mechanically I am able to access that field in the bulk edit process but it does not seem to actually change the data. I also cannot add the Release Version History as a column on the search results to actually see what the value is/values are.

So to get my story point burndown by children statistics correct I need to be able to fix this data.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

I believe what you are describing is actually the expected behavior. Here is the description of the field 'Release Version History' from the database: "The released versions an incomplete issue has been in when it was forwarded to the next sprint".

Basically this is for tracking the released versions an issue has been in, and unfortunately I don't think there is any way to remove this data except for a direct database update.

What happens is that when an unfinished issue is present in a version that gets released, it will either be left there or moved to another version or the back log. At the same time the version that the issue was in at the time of release will be set in the 'Release Version History' field.

Cheers,
Pelle

Suggest an answer