Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to update an attachment in place on an existing JIRA issue using Confiforms?

I have a Confiform that has a number of fields and accepts an attachment.  I then use Confform IFTTT integration rule onCreated event to create a JIRA issue with that attachment attached.  This all works as expected.

When a user edits the Confiform and saves, the JIRA is updated properly using an IFTTT integration rule onModified event and the update JIRA issue action EXCEPT a second copy of the attachment is added.  The attachment is not updated in place.  Each time a user edits the Confiform and saves yet another copy of the attachment is added.  This quickly becomes problematic.

How can I prevent this from happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi

ConfiForms does not know if you have any attachments on Jira issue or not - it just does what you tell it to do.

And if you have an Update Jira issue handler set up to run on ConfiForms record edit then it will do what is asked  - update Jira issue and upload attachments if any

I suggest to have 2 IFTTT handlers, with conditions - one to check if the file field has changed (in ConfiForms) - using hasChanged function (https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions)

And another one is to react when it did not - and this IFTTT macro body should not contain ConfiForms Field macro that references file (so it will not get uploaded to Jira)

Alex

Thanks Alex.  That worked.  Although creating copies of handlers is less than ideal.

For those that pass through here after me. 

This worked as a condition: "hasChanged(IssueReportAttachment):true"

While this condition did not: "hasChanged(entry.IssueReportAttachment):true"

Hi

This one is correct, because hasChanged  function expects a name of the field to check for changes

hasChanged(IssueReportAttachment):true

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you