How to update a column from blue to green so that tasks there are labeled done?

Deleted user March 30, 2020

On our main board, we want a task to count as Done even if it's in the ready to deploy column.

We only do code pushes once per week so we don't want our burn down chart to look like we only finish tasks in big drops. 

I've updated the status of tickets in those columns but they are not reflecting that done status on our chart yet. 

We want these last 3 columns to have that green status. Even though the status to tickets in the Workflow has been updated to be Done, the columns themselves have not been updated: 

Jira Column status 2020-03-30 155640.png

How can I update this? 

Thank you for your help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2020

Hello @[deleted] ,

As far as I know, only the single right-most column will always be green, representing items in a 'successful' state. Drag the two states to the last column is the only option.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/

Deleted user March 31, 2020

Thank you very much for the info. As I was poking around, I felt like this might be the case.

So this moves to a new question though: How can I get my burn down chart to recognize that a task is now "Done" and thus counts in the burn down chart when it hits an earlier column? 

I've mapped "Done" Statuses to the columns in question. You can see that in the screen shot above that both ready to deploy and inform stakeholder task status are in green. 

But our burndown chart still doesn't recognize them as finished until they hit that done column. 

Any thoughts? Thank you again.

Jakub Krchlik December 14, 2021

So I am facing this problem today as well and as mentioned, only the most right column is "burning" the chart down. So you have to have all the statuses you want to consider done in that column. You can change statuses even in the same column

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events